Re: XDMCP on Windows 95

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 04:33:26PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>I am not understanding why your response was appropriate.  The default
>port for XDM has nothing to do with Microsoft, unless Microsoft has
>decided to use port 177 for one of their products.  If that was the
>case, then a simple mention that ``Product Foo'' uses port 177 would
>have been sufficient, right?

AFAICT, it's the standard Cygwin response #13, issued when someone is
confused about the process and wants to make a point by letting everyone
know how bad Microsoft is and exhorting all of us not to be that way.

In other words, it was a value-free message.  Alexander's response was
perfectly clear and he didn't need to be taken to task for some imagined
attitude.

cgf