Re: XDMCP on Windows 95

Ah ha... okay, but in this case it would be good to at least rule out the non-standard port as a possible culprit. Once the port is ruled out, we can move on to other possible solutions.

Harold

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
You're correct, I should have said 'product foo'...
I took Microsoft as example because it was the first company I had in
mind. I don't have anything against Microsoft, otherwise I wouldn't use
Cygwin ;)

In the company I'm working now, almost every network TCP port is
customized. What I wanted to say is :
If the port 1234 is used with some X servers with XDMCP and it crashes,
some online customer helpdesk will say : "You don't use standard XDMCP
port, I can't do anything for you. Get lost." I don't want Cygwin-Xfree
to do the same.

--- Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> a écrit :
Okay, okay, but I didn't want to be that hard on Sylvain as he is a
good contributor to our discussions... I just wanted to put up a friendly reminder that everyone, I more so than others, should sometimes tone down our messages. That's all.

Harold