Re: Rootless mode

Kensuke,

The new patch is an architectual improvement.

However, when I run it, if I move a window it gets moved, then it jumps back to its original position and retraces the move path that I took it on, over and over again until I feel like I will throw up. :)

I am not sure what is causing this problem, but obviously the queue of messages is not being cleared and is instead being looped through repeatedly.

My log file from this session is on the web:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/XWinrl.log.bz2 (33 KiB)

The unpacked log file is 800+ KiB.

Harold

Kensuke Matsuzaki wrote:

Harold,

It remains only for debugging.

Am I correct that the root window is still being drawn, even thought it is
not really usable? Is that something that remains to be fixed, or did I
have something go wrong with my patching?

By the way, this is new patch that integrates XWin and the window manager.

Kensuke Matsuzaki