Re: Host Chooser Program?

Yep, There are lots of them :)

I even wrote one :)
http://xlauncher.sf.net

It's written in Delphi though, so can't be included in the cygwin
distribution :(

Hopefully someone will start writing one in straight C/C++ calling the Win32
API, so it could go in cygwin, so people will stop writing their own in
non-free languages every month ;-)

Tim.

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 02:48:49PM -0000, Vince Hoffman wrote:
> I seem to remember post about something similar, try searching the archives
> for 'connection tool'

Tim,

This is a really good, simple GUI program which will make life a lot easier for my users. I tried the cygwin connection tool on win 98 and 2000, but it didn't work on neither, complaining of missing DLLs so I guess that needs more testing.

The xlauncher worked well on W2k, and did run on Win95 (configured with a fixed IP address - not dhcp) but didn't "connect" so I was just wondering if that was a win95 bug or not?

Thanks,

JS.