Re: Cygwin GNOME 1.4 binary packages

Just to voice a quick vote of thanks to all involved in getting this
working.

I am now happily running Gnome 1.4 (with all the extra bits n bobs
you've provided) under Cygwin on a Windows XP Professional laptop as my
normal development environment at work. It is clean and responsive, and
now that sawfish is running properly, very pretty indeed.

The only downside seems to be that I occasionally seem to get left with
dead processes left in the Windows Task Manager display which aren't
recognised as running by Cygwin ps (ie I am currently showing one
gnome-session process in ps, but four according to Windows). Trivial
really.

-- Ian Harcombe