RE: xhost configuration

It was started with the -ac parameter.  Thanks for the tip!  I took it
out and xhost has access controls enabled by default now..  I have been
trying out gnome, kde and some other desktop environments.  I think the
command line that the kde readme recommended had the -ac parameter in
it.  Below is part of my hacked up startxwin.bat file.
==========
REM Startup the X Server.

REM REM start XWin
start XWin.exe -screen 0 1024x768x16 -engine 4 -ac -nowinkill -noreset
-emulate3buttons 100
start /B xwinclip.exe
REM Startup an xterm, using bash as the shell.
run xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e
/usr/bin/bash

REM Startup the twm window manager.

REM REM run twm
run /usr/local/bin/blackbox
==========

I took at look at the docs
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/configure-cygwin-xfree-options.html
and there is no mention of the -ac parameter.  Nor does doing a XWin.exe
-h or /h or ? or just running XWin.exe provide any command line
parameters.

> > 2. How can I removed a hostname in xhost that has a "-" in it.?
> > In the above example if I do a xhost -host-1.fakedomain.net
> it doesn't
> > work.  There are no /etc/X.* files on my machines so I
> don't know where
> > to manually delete that entry.  Any suggestions?
>
> Try using the ip addess.

That doesn't work.  But the hostname did not have actual dns entries I
added it to our dns server.  That seemed to have worked but it only
takes out one of the entries.  On startup it always has duplicate
entries:

access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
INET:chocolate-meat.lava.net
INET:chocolate-meat.lava.net
INET:localhost
LOCAL:

I can do a xhost -chocolae-meat.lava.net and it takes out one of the
entries.  But it doesn't take out the duplicate entry.  And when I exit
X and restart it (startxwin.bat), it has both entries again as above.
Any other hints?

Booker