Re: cut & paste from window apps

You need to run xwinclip. You probably accidentally ran it last night then forgot to run it today.

xwinclip is available via setup.exe in the XFree86-xwinclip package.

On the other hand, you could have just gotten confused and thought that you were cutting and pasting back and forth between Windows and KDE when you were actually just cutting and pasting in only Windows or only in KDE. That happens to people all the time.

Harold

Ajay Simha wrote:

Hi all,

I installed cygwin last night:

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.0 ASIMHA-W2K 1.3.18(0.69/3/2) 2002-12-25 15:37 i686 unknown

I also installed kde2. Everything was great until I restarted my pc for something.

Now all of a sudden my cut & paste from window apps don't work and also my middle mouse does
not paste like it did last night.

Any ideas where I should start looking?

Thanks in advance.

-ajay