Re: Connect from Unix to Windows via ssh and start an applycationwhich is using the windows display

Axel:

Since you provided us with nothing to explain what you are trying to
do, we all had to guess.  If you need aceess to Windows GUI applications
(you mentioned Notepad), you need a way to export the GUI. Windows is not
X-Windows based so you have to use something else.  We suggested VNC.
There are others. Rdesktop if the Desktop is NT 4 or higher. You could run
Windows Terminal Server and use either Rdesktop or the Citrix ICA java
client.

BTW, I use and SSH tunnel for VNC everyday.  I can run any application I
want included Cygwin applications.