Re: Connect from Unix to Windows via ssh and start an applycationwhich is using the windows display (more deatails)

Axel Bauer wrote:
O.K. I think I should explain my problem more detailed. Because of company
confidentials I only will describe the principal problem. We have a unix-host,
running several services. On this host we want to call a script ( e.g. perl
or bash-script) which starts an application on the windows machine. The
windows application itself is served by a human operator on the windows host. In
other words: The only task of the unix machine is to start the application,
nothing more.
Our intention is to use an ssh-connection to do that task. Therefore I
installed cygwin togehter with sshd. From the Unix side it should be possible to
make an ssh-call like "ssh -x user@windowshost applicationcommand"
The only problem is the connection from the sshd-service (on windows) to the
windows-display. I think that Vince Hoffman gave me a very good hint in his
answer. (Allow sshd to connect the windows display). I try them out at the
moment.
I'm no windows expert but maybe you try to not run the sshd as a service but start it up during the user login on the windows machine. This way I think that the sshd will be connected to the local display.

Staf.

|Staf Verhaegen (staf.verhaegen@imec.be) |ADRESS: IMEC vzw. - ASP/LITHO|
|tel: 016/ 281 783 | Kapeldreef 75 |
|fax: 016/ 281 214 | 3001 Leuven (Belgium)|
For every tool there are at least 2 uses: the one it was designed for
and the other for which it wasn't.