Re: 4.3.0 status update

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:24:48 -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> Once I make an official release of the multi-monitor patch I can submit
> both the multi-window and multi-monitor patches.

As long as they are completely isolated. I'll need to review them first.

> There were also some cross-compiling build warnings that I had written
> in about, but no one had commented on.  I will see if I can dig them up
> again.

Please do. I don't currently have a cross compile environment, so patches
rather than bug reports are even better.

> Basically, we need to get things in before Jan 17, right?  After that it
> means that we will have two distinctly different versions in the
> branches, right?  That has always been a pain in the past.

The XFree86 CVS will branch to become xf-4_3_0-branch and new work
will continue on HEAD. Patches to 4.3.0 will be applied to the
xf-4_3_0-branch.

Strictly speaking - no new features are allowed at this point, only
bug fixes. So the new multi-window/monitor stuff shouldn't be allowed.

But I'll see what I can do when I see the patch.

Alan.