Server Test 71

Hallo H. & K.,

I'm currently running Test69 in rootless mode, and quite happy with it.  But
I gave Test71 with multiwindow a try, and I have a couple of remarks.

When I add the options "-auth "$HOME/.Xauthority", the server will die after
twenty, thirty seconds.  In this time, I can start some clients, which
appear without problem (xclock, xterm, ...).  Whether or not I start
clients, at the end of /tmp/XWinrl.log I always find:
DISPLAY=:0.0
AUDIT: Fri Jan 17 10:15:31 2003: 392 xwin_new: client 1 rejected from local
host
(last line 5 times)

The "DISPLAY=:0.0" is new, Test69 does not show that.

I also get the following output:
    182 [main] xwin_new 392 fhandler_console::fixup_after_exec: error
opening console after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
     10 [main] sh 169 fhandler_console::fixup_after_exec: error opening
console after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
  15419 [main] sh 169 fhandler_console::dup: error opening console, Win32
error 5
      7 [main] cat 389 fhandler_console::fixup_after_exec: error opening
console after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server^M
Xlib: No protocol specified
^M
(last three lines 5 times)

Then two minor remarks:
- I can not kill a single client/window with Alt-F4, the server dies.
- "xterm -geometry 80x50-0-0" positions the window one line too low

Just so that you would know what to do this weekend.

;-)

Geert

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
You are explicitly requested to notify the sender of this email that the intended recipient was not reached.