Re: Using XFree to replace explorer.exe as the window manager forWindows

/ David Fraser <davidf@sjsoft.com> wrote:
| Stuart Adamson wrote:
|
|>Yep - I've done this.
|>
|>However - some of the control panel stuff didn't work correctly afterwards
|>(like the program installation wizard).  I had to move back to explorer.exe,
|>install my program then move back to using X as the shell.

[...]

| Which just shows why its bad to have a monolithic OS instead of one
| made up of separate components
| That's Windows for you...
| David

Or you learn what the control-panel needs for this, and implements
it.. Just like the window-managers for X implement a bit of
functionality.

What I mean is that I am using litestep on my computer, and I have
managed to install and uninstall a bunch of apps.

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!