From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of Curt Lindner
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 5:22 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Can't Get XDMCP Login on Mandrake 9.0 Box from XP

Well, you were right, when I had logged out of the automatic login, the kdm
was running.

However, I still am unable to get a login prompt from the XP machine using
"xwin -query [mandrake] -from [xp]".  I still only get the blank X windows
screen with the "x" cursor.

Also, I just spent 30 minutes looking at every possible configuration
program/menu option for dealing with users and login, and the only option I
saw for automatically logging in was unchecked.  But, it does automatically
log me in.

Harold, you've been really responsive, and I certainly appreciate that.
But, I must also say I'm surprised that these tools don't work better with
one another out of the box, so to speak.  I guess I'm just spoiled by
Microsoft.

If it takes me this long to get this working, just think how long it will
take to set up Samba, mail servers, web servers, database, etc.

Thanks again,

-Curt