Kylix 3 OE / Xfree86 error

I'm testing Kylix 3 OE running on a Redhat 8 box, using a remote XFree86 via
XDM on my W2K machine (kinda awkward on paper but practical in my
situation). It's the latest XFree86 in the cygwin distribution.
Gnome/KDE runs apparently very fine, Kylix IDE starts, but as soon as I get
the code window there comes a requester with a 'Division by Zero Error'. On
the local linux X-Server there is no error. Using the commercial X-Win32
also via XDM does NOT give the error (but the graphical rendering is
poorer).
I have tried all the window managers I had on hand, same error, I've tried
switching xdm with gdm etc, same error. The only way to circumvent the error
is to start XFree86 locally with one of its local windows managers, login
via ssh on the RH box and start Kylix redirecting it to the remote Xfree via
the DISPLAY environment variable.
Any hint or possible workaround ? The rest of graphical applications I have
tried seem to run
fine.