RE: overlapping windows [was Re: Some undesirable behaviour in Test77]

I am also running Xwin 4.2.0-25 under XP.  I do not run another window
manager (tried it and realized just how bad it would be).  I am running
Xwin -multiwindow -clipboard.  I am running X all day at work.  Though I do
not have the overlapping problem at the beginning of my session, it often
does show itself at some time during the day.  I have also been noticing
another problem that have been reported on this list.  If I try to run
different X apps on different virtual desktops (using MS Virtual Desktop
Manager), all X apps just start to blink very quickly and the apps become
unusable.

I also noticed two other things that I have not seen reported here yet.
First, as I bring up an X app (most often xterm), it often reacts as if the
enter key is being held down.  This will usually stop if I hit enter.  The
second thing that I have noticed is that in some apps (ddd is the one that I
can easily reproduce this in), I can select data by double or triple
clicking, but if I try to drag the mouse over words, the selection gets
confused and ends up just emptying the clipboard.  I have not yet tried this
without the -clipboard setting, but I assume that this is the root cause.