Re: Time to update the docu for XF86Config ?

Sylvain,

Those sections don't pretend that we don't have XF86Config support, they simply have not been updated since 2002-05-26.

The XF86Config support should be generic to XFree86, right? So we could probably point to the XFree86 documentation for XF86Config. However, I hesitate to do this myself because I really struggle trying to write documentation for things that I cannot test out on my own. It is very difficult to write when you have no idea what you are writing about and cannot verify that it works for yourself. Thus, I would appreciate it if someone would send a patch against the current documentation source with updates for XF86Config. In the worst case, I would appreciate it if someone would write a paragraph or two (complete with some links to other documentation) that described what users with non-US keyboards should do. I can handle marking that text up to DocBook, but writing it on my own will probably continue to be put off.

I am sorry, but I really don't feel qualified to write documentation for non-US keyboard users.

Harold

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
Reading two last posts about keyboard,
I see that docu about XF86Config is not online.

In fact the relevant section pretends we dont have an XF86Config at
all.
See
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-why-no-xf86config
and
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-non-U.S.-keyboard-layout

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle@users.sourceforge.net Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".