FW: file manager xfm, or similar for xfree86 under cygwin

Hello, I am trying to locate a graphical file manager for Xfree86 running
under cygwin

I have tried to compile xfm 1.4.3 and got it working under xfree86 under
cygwin, but it does not allow access to non cygwin directories.

It complains saying Directory is Unreadable.

/cygdrive doesn't show up in the root, so I created a symlink with:

ln -s /cygdrive/c /cygdrivec

I'm guessing it has trouble following a symlink from /cydrivec to
/cygdrive/c/

Can anyone suggest a working file manager?

Thanks.

If anyone wants the Imake.options I can post or email.

Does anyone know where I can find a compiled binary for xfm or a similar
client.

I don't want to have to install the kde files or xfce.

My plan is to use cygwin / xfree86 via ssh to do remote support of windows
machines.

Thanks for any help.