Re: Win2000 vs .NET

Thord,

I think you probably want the more general cygwin at cygwin dot com mailing list. This mailing list deals only with XFree86 issues for Cygwin.

With that being said, if .NET Server has not been released, then I can tell you in advance that it will not be worth your while to ask on cygwin at cygwin dot com dot The problem is that .NET Server is a moving target (if not released yet) and trying to support it is almost impossible. It can't be supported until it is released as a stable product. Now I will probably be told that .NET Server was released 8 years ago and that I am an idiot :)

Harold

Schibler, Thord wrote:
Hi,

I have run my cygwin installation successfully on NT, W2k
(workstations and servers) and XP and have now upgraded to
a version containing cygwin1.dll with version 1003.20.0.0.

Then when I try any command from the CygWin package from a .NET
server nothing happens, e.g. if I try to run 'ls.exe' then it
freezes and when hitting CTRL-C, a whole lot of assertion messages
appear:
assertion "!wait_sig_inited" failed: file
"/netrel/src/cygwin/-1.3.20-1/winsup/cygwin/sigproc.cc", line 657

Has anyone any idea on how to make it work on .NET servers?

Thanks anyway Thord

PS
 By the way the 'your' regtool.exe does not act like the (older)
 one from RedHat, but you probably knew that