Re[2]: XFree86-cygwin & KDE & national keybord layouts

Lev Serebryakov wrote:

> Hello, Andrew!
> Friday, February 21, 2003, 12:24:10 AM, you wrote:
>
> AM> |   KDE is configured for two keyboard layouts: English and Russian.
> AM> |   I've configured `ctrl+shift' group toggle in KDE. But it doen't work
> AM> |   -- it allows to switch layouts via clicing on flag icon on dock, but
> AM> |   it doesn't do anything when I press ctrl+shift.
> AM> |
> AM> |   Is it problem of KDE or XFree86-cygwin or something else?
> AM> Something else I think, if my memory doesn't fail me, MS Windows can't
> AM> provide all the nifty keyboard-combinations (like C-S-[something])
> AM> that are available under for example linux..
>  Again: it works for twm+xterm (they are run from remote host too).

How can layout change from KDE work in twm, when KDE is not loaded?

>  There is problem in KDE+Xfrtee86-cygwin pair, not in XFree86-cygwin
>  itself.

Until proven otherwise I'd assume that _KDE_ does not react on the keypress.
As you wrote the layout change via clicking the icon does work, so the XKB
part is working.

bye
    ago
NP: t.A.T.u. - Clowns
--
 Alexander dot Gottwald at informatik dot tu-chemnitz dot de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723