Re: ctwm + xmkmf II

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 08:26:57PM +0100, Michael Lemke wrote:
> Now that cygwin-xfree is getting better and better I really like to get
> ctwm compiled.  However, imake still can't cope with ctwm's Imakefile.
> I posted about this in September 2001 but the problem hadn't been
> resolved then. I am still not able to solve this myself, maybe someone
> can take another look. This is the original post:
[...]

To me this looks more like a problem with ctwm than with cygwin,
because I had essentially the same problems when building ctwm-3.6 on
Solaris (SunOS 5.8). But with some tweaking I got it compiled and
running on both (instructions follow).

If you read ctwm's mailing list, you will have seen that ctwm got a
new and highly motivated developer. I've seen the Imakefile on his
TODO-list, so we can hope for improvements in version 3.7. As an
interim solution you may try what I did.

Another problem is that the latest bison has problems with gram.y. I
don't remember, but I guess I used an older version to produce
gram.{c,h}, which I attached to this e-mail. With that the following
works for me on Win2k with an up-to-date cygwin distribution. Hope it
helps. -- Daniel

tar zxvf ctwm-3.6.tgz
tar zxvf ctwm-3.6-gram.tgz
cd ctwm-3.6
xmkmf
echo "COBJS = gram.o lex.o deftwmrc.o add_window.o gc.o list.o ctwm.o parse.o menus.o events.o resize.o util.o version.o iconmgr.o cursor.o icons.o workmgr.o windowbox.o clicktofocus.o" >>Makefile
echo 'cob: $(COBJS)' >>Makefile
cp ../ctwm-3.6-gram/gram.? .
make cob
make ctwm.exe