Re: Lesstif update?

Brian Ford wrote:
On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Nope. I released it just to get people started with a few Cygwin/XFree86
packages. Nobody has really stepped up to start maintaining packages for
Cygwin/XFree86, so there won't be any new releases from me. Of course, we
are always looking for volunteers to start releasing new and updated
packages. It wasn't hard... took me less than two hours.

Well, I don't know if I can really maintain it for the long term, but I would be happy to update it this time and deal with any short term issues that result. Would that be ok?

Yes, that is fine with me. So long as the new package passes a few initial tests. I belong to the camp that thinks that "maintenance mode" for a package means that it won't be pulled from distribution unless it actively destroys your system, regardless of how out of date it becomes (until someone releases a newer package, that is). So yeah, that is fine with me.

I am still confused, though.  Are there any Cygwin specific patches in the
current release?  I guess I can just download the source and do a diff.

I don't think there were any Cygwin specific patches. You might notice that the Lesstif guys say that they are Cygwin compatible... so you should not need to many modifications if they have kept that promise.