Re: Cannot recompile X

The problem here is that you have to continue (press 'c') through the first two SIGSEGVs. They are just C++ exceptions that are caught and handled by the pthread code... gdb is just telling you about them. You have to tell gdb to just continue on and let the exception handling code handle the problem.

Harold

Alexander Skwar wrote:
Alexander Skwar schrieb:

Now, when I start "startx" on the Cygwin bash prompt, I get a Windows
error message box:

Hmm, I tried running /usr/X11R6/bin/xinit in gdb, but somehow that's not
successful:

$ gdb /usr/X11R6/bin/xinit
GNU gdb 2003-02-19-cvs (cygwin-special)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/X11R6/bin/xinit

Program exited with code 0200.
You can't do that without a process to debug.
(gdb) backtrace
No stack.

Any ideas?
Alexander Skwar