Re: xhost +IP?

Thor Johnson wrote:

> I'm trying to get a telnet connection to a remote computer working.
> Its an isolated LAN, and I need all the performance I can get,
> otherwise I'd be using ssh -X (which works).
>
> I can't get xhost +192.0.3.242 to work:
> $ xhost 192.0.3.242
> 192.0.3.242 being added to access control list
>
> $ xhost
> access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
> INET:odin
> INET:odin
> INET:odin
> LOCAL:

Very likely the server does a reset after you ran xhost. Normally after the
last client disconnected from the server the server resets to get into a
clean state for the next user. I assume the first client you started was xhost.
After xhost finished, it disconnects and the server resets.

You can avoid this by adding the -noreset option to the xwin commandline or
by starting another client (eg a local xterm, xclock or a windowmanager)
before you call xhost.

bye
    ago

NP: t.A.T.u - Show Me Love
--
 Alexander dot Gottwald at informatik dot tu-chemnitz dot de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723