Re: tablet PC input to XFree86?

JQ,

You have tried it with the "-multiwindow" command-line parameter (be sure to remove any window manager from your startup script, such as "twm", etc.), right?

I am sure that if you mailed me one of these devices I could figure it out for you :)

Harold

JQ Johnson wrote:
Has anyone looked into issues of non-standard (Tablet PC) input for XFree86?

Windows XP Tablet Edition, for instance, has a rather nicely integrated
voice and handwriting input system that simulates keyboard input.  Not
surprisingly, it doesn't work with X applications:  I can run an X
application such as xterm on my tablet PC and give it input using my pen by
tapping on the Tablet PC Input Panel using the onscreen virtual keyboard,
but I can not provide input using the writing pad or voice recognition.  The
pen works adequately as a mouse, though having a pen that emulates a
2-button mouse that emulates a 3-button mouse is interesting.

JQ Johnson                      Office: 115F Knight Library
Academic Education Coordinator  mailto:jqj at darkwing dot uoregon dot edu
1299 University of Oregon       phone: 1-541-346-1746; -3485 fax
Eugene, OR  97403-1299          http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~jqj/