Re: Xv/XVideo?

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
Thor Johnson wrote:

Greetings (and mucho thanks for the -norestart option for Xhost oddities)!

I have a new boneheaded question:
What is the difference between xv (as used in mplayer, ogle, etc) and
XVideo?

I don't know it for sure, but it's the same. XVideo is an interface to the XServer to allow a fast display of video. With XVideo you can for example get access to the backend scaler of the graphicscard and let the graphicscard
scale the video to fullscreen.

But this depends on the used graphicscard and for each graphicscard you need
a special driver, which we don't have for Cygwin/XFree86.

You know, we might be able to quite simply add such functionality... I believe that DirectDraw exposes the scaling support of the video card. Shoot, even the GDI blit function can accelerate scaling (if I recall correctly). Anyone care to find a few docs on what XVideo drivers must provide (so I don't have to do all of the searching myself)?

Harold

mplayer told me to use xvinfo to see if xv was working properly; under
cyg/XF86 on my, I get:
   $ xvinfo
   X-Video Extension version 2.2
   screen #0
   no adaptors present

sorry, no hardware support :(

I'm trying to get my windows box in shape for some MythTV development.
Slow is much better than none (at least until MythTV 0.8 gels).

Is there a config file I need or ???.

No. XVideo is not supported by Cygwin/XFree86.

NP: Blutengel - Silent Death