Re: Multimonitor screen

Yes, the KDE install replaced your XWin.exe with an older version that has SHM (shared memory) support built in. You will not be able to use KDE on Cygwin with any XWin.exe that comes from Cygwin/XFree86 proper.

Harold

Lester Caine wrote:
You really don't want Test 79 --- take a look at /tmp/XWinrl.log, you'll see what I mean (it is huge!). Instead, you want XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-28 from setup.

Yes I had spotted that.

BUT I had downloaded all the files at the beginning of the week, and updated a couple Wednesday (archive.progeny.com). XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-28 was already showing as the version I was using. However, XWin.exe that was in use was an old date, without the multiscreen stuff in the help list. After downloading Test79 I got multiscreen, now going back and manually extracting XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-28 I see a later version of XWin.exe.
SO what did I do wrong in the first place?
Could the KDE2 install have upset things? ( Came from kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net )

Everything seems to be working nicely now <g>