From: ssh-l-admin at erdelynet.com On Behalf Of Biju G C
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 5:32 PM
To: ssh-l at erdelynet.com
Subject: Issue due to old CheckPoint VPN's "cygwin1.dll"

Friends,

I just thought sharing the issues I faced while setting up sshd on cygwin.

All went well till I executed
  $ cygrunsrv -S sshd

I got a message
"The procedure entry point _ctype_ could not be located in the dynamic link
library"

Upon searching cygwin maillist
and doing things as suggested
i reached a mail asking to check cygwin by
  $ cygcheck -s -v

to my supprise I found another "cygwin1.dll" (1998 version)
on my system installed by "CheckPoint VPN SecureClient"

And it come in PATH before C:\cygwin\bin

I rearranged position of all Cygwin dir in the PATH variable.

rebooted PC and my sshd start working fine.
as a bonus I got similar issue with postgresql also got resolved

Cheers
Biju

CyGNOME - GNOME on Cygwin  http://cygnome.sourceforge.net/
KDE-Cygwin - KDE on Cygwin http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/

--- Ben Voigt <bvoigt at kas.com> wrote:
How many times has Microsoft claimed to resolve this exact problem?  I
believe they proclaimed the "End of DLL Hell" a few years back, realized
they failed, and starting calling that a feature of every Windows version
since.  What a joke the MS marketing people are!