Root Problmems

I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for in FAQ's, so could somebody
help me?  I am trying to install Open DX on my computer for use in data
analysis.  I need a X Server to operate it and XFree86 is recommended by
Open DX.  However, when I go to install the software, CYGWIN-XFree86 won't
let me
and gives the message "Sorry you must be root to install this software."
There is no ROOT user on my system.  I am currently running Windows NT.
How do I get around this probelm?  I am not a computer programer, so alot
of this stuff is pretty Greek to me.

Thanks

Louis

Louis Kindt