Re: What package is GLX OpenGL from?

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> But in keeping with my policy of not taunting or scolding without
> including a constructive answer, go here: <http://cygwin.com/packages/>.
> For best results, use as much as you know about the name. The search is
> a non-anchored grep pattern match against the package content lists. File
> suffixes can help, but beware that some standard command names are
> symlinks or scripts, so a ".exe" suffix will not be present in those
> cases.

For the record, I had already visited that page several times and searched
for:
opengl
OpenGL
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a
and probably others in addition to searching the mailing list archives for
the specific question and the generic question.  All were previously to no
avail.

Given the additional information about the way the search engine works, I
found it by searching for just libGL.

Thank you VERY much.  Seriously!

Begin rant...

If everyone would support your policy and give users a little bit of
credit, the Cygwin community would be much better off, IMO.

It is always difficult for me to determine just how much time to rumage
around looking for something before asking a seemingly FAQ like question.
Given this lists normal attitude, I try very hard to find the answer
myself.  But sometimes, a tip toward the right key is just what one needs
to avoid wasting everyone's time.

End rant...

--
Brian Ford