Duplicate Keystrokes - Again!

Hello - I've just arrived at this list, so hope I don't break protocol in any way!!

I have a problem which can be summarised as 'it's the same as the following past postings':

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=+site:www.cygwin.com+xfree86+duplicate+keystrokes

The discussions there mentioned the infrequency of the problem of duplicate keystrokes for the respondents - a couple of times a day.

I, however, am getting this problem all the time: as in, every five commands or so, or every five edit keystrokes....!!!!

Am I alone?

Am I doing something odd?

This happens on both my work and home installations (work is 1G, home is 500M laptop; home has VNC running which I can see would make this worse, but work is not overloaded). Both installations are out-of-the-box, running twm. I can supply more details (.Xmodmap, .twmrc, .Xdefaults, etc.) if someone thinks it's relevant.

Any help appreciated!

Duncan Cragg