RE: XWin -clipboard and xwinclip bad highlighting behavior

The one other thing that I notice that I think is related to this is that in
some applications (the one I see it in is ddd when compiled with lesstif),
the selection does not even hold long enough to select it.  If I click and
drag (while still holding down the mouse button) the selection disappears.
If I try to paste, my buffer has been deleted.  I also have a related
problem when I want to get a menu relating to an area that is larger than
the default area.  Normally, I would select the larger area and click (or
right click) on it to get the appropriate menu.  I can never do that.  Does
anyone have any ideas?