Re: XWin -clipboard and xwinclip bad highlighting behavior

Cary Jamison wrote:
> I find that the times I actually need to cut/paste between Windows and X
> to be very few.  I'm mostly doing it within windows or within X but not
> between them.  Because of this I only start xwinclip when I need it.  I
> have a shortcut on my desktop so I can quickly start it when I want and
> then close it when I'm done.  That way I don't get bothered by the weird
> selection problems in X.

My usage of the clipboard it exactly the same as yours. That's why I
think that the standalone xwinclip package should evolve as the
integrated one does. I however recognise that I don't feel I can do
it myself... Nevertheless, here is tow cool stuff that xwinclip could
have:
  - To be launched with the command line argument in XWin, but to be
    activated only when needed, may be with a particular keyboard
    shortcut, or a special right-click on the windows tool bar XWin
    icon
  - When the clipboard is activated, to be able to force the copy/past
    to/from the clipboard with keyboards shortcuts (particularly useful
    for copying X-selection to windows clipboard when the selection is
    made in a terminal. I'm usually have to open a text editor to past
    the selection on it, and to reselect it, to force it to be store on
    the windows clipboard)
Does anybody think it could be possible?

Gilles.