Re: XWin -clipboard and xwinclip bad highlighting behavior

"Harold L Hunt II" <huntharo at msu dot edu> wrote in message
news:<3E94889E dot 6020005 at msu dot edu>...

> I have now realized that the real way to integrate the X and Windows
> clipboards is with hooks in the general X server code that call
routines
> in the Windows-specific code and so forth.  It is highly unlikely that

> the clipboard integration will require an X client application, and
this
> removes many of the short comings of the current clipboard
application.
>   For example, the nightmares people have using xwinclip or -clipboard

> with XDMCP will go away with server-side code handling the
integration.

> I am not sure if the integration would be provided by an X Server
> extension or if we would have to have some #ifdef __CYGWIN__ sections
in
> the general X server code.  In any case, I haven't got time to work on

> it and I am unlikely to for months, or even forever.  Hopefully
someone
> else will find clipboard integration interesting to them.

Do you think Xdarwin has done anything along these lines that would be
of benefit?  I got this idea from the message that was posted here a
couple days ago :
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-04/msg00060.html

They have probably fought some of the same issues and are trying to
genericize their code now.

Cary