Re: Keyboard

Pedro wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> May be this info can help: I have installed  cygwin-xfree on a compact armada notebook, and the keyboard works nice,
> even when there is not XFree86 config file. I have tried that on the desktop pc, and i still do have an us keyboard.
> In case this info do not help, please could you give me a couple of advises (or www address) to compile the spanish keyboard
> on the desktop pc?

The xserver compiles the keymap on startup. If xkbcomp works on the command
line, it should also work for the server. So I'm stuck and have no idea
why it does not work.

Just a few things to look after:

- is /tmp is a binary mount? run mount an see if there is an entry for /tmp
  with binmode or an entry for / with binmode. If not, then mount at least
  the /tmp directory in binmode.
- the xserver uses /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkbcomp (not the one in /usr/X11R6/bin).
  Try the xkbcomp commandline with this binary.

bye
    ago
NP: grauzone.03-02-03
--
 Alexander dot Gottwald at informatik dot tu-chemnitz dot de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723