Re: How can I disable/alter Alt-Tab win32 switching behavour?

Alexander Gottwald ?????:

I've now read some of the pages about the hooks the were sent to the list.
But I doubt catching alt-tab is a good solution. You will no longer allow
your users to switch applications. If Xwin is the only application which will be running on the system, you could consider installing linux since
the xserver is much faster.

You can of course alter the source code and add this hook to xwin. But I doubt you can convice any developer to add this.

There are some problems with linux boxes. Not all drivers are available and so on. Also, I working in a mixed enviroment, Win98 and X running from my main server. Alt-Tab is much more convinient to work in both systems separately.
I think alt-tab catching could be added as option, as AltF4 catching is.
Also, there could be added alternative such as CtrlAltTab instead of AltTab.

WBR, Alex