XDM-Trouble

Hi,

I have an ugly problem with XFree86 and xdm.
xdm is activated on my linux-system. The xdm-logon works with the
StarNet's X-win32. But with XFree86 it doesn't.
When looking at the open TCP ports, XFree86 isn't even attempting to connect to the remote host.
The bug must lie within my laptop setup. Unfortunately I can't find any hint, how I could find the problem.
Do you have any idea what the problem may be or how I could gether the right information?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards

Hearp