Re: can not start 'startx' from the prompt and missing files

Hi!

Sorry for blaming you too quick.. I should probably read the problems
some more, as well as some other people reading the docs..

I am having the same problems with you regarding startx, unfortunetaly
the docs are not updated, so it could be those instructions that are
not uptodate.

Meanwhile, have you gotten startxwin.bat/sh up and running? I don't
have any problems with it, and well.. doesn't it provide the
functionality you need?

| I copied the .xinitrc file from /etc/X11/xinit/ and it was in this
| .xinitrc file that some of the variables defined in the file (
| sysresources=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/.Xresources and
| sysmodmap=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/.Xmodmap ) weren't found.

A quick note about these, they are in the .xinitrc/xinitrc file to be
read _if_ they exist, they don't need to exist, just a cosy
configuration setup.. or similar.

     /Andy

--
 Your fault -- core dumped