Re: alternative to xwinclip

JS,

I have talked many times about how xwinclip's functionality needs to be rewritten in order to work somewhat properly. Check the mailing list archives for details.

xwinclip is opensource. Not quite sure what you meant there.

Although, others have in the past released their own modifications to xwinclip, some of which have not been incorporated into xwinclip. You can search the mailing list archives for some of those versions and see if you find one that works better for you.

Harold

J S wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there is an opensource alternative to xwinclip?

We have one X application where for some reason, I can't copy text from(using -clipboard) directly to windows. Instead, I have to copy and paste to an xterm first, and then copy the same text again from that xterm, before being able to paste it into windows. Unfortunately this method doesn't always work because, if you try to copy a shellscript and paste that into an xterm, it then tries to run that script! The users here also report that sometimes the paste doesn't paste all the text that was copied.

I would really like to find a solution to this, as its blocking the use of XFree at my work. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

JS.

_________________________________________________________________ On the move? Get Hotmail on your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/mobile