RE: REPOST: -multiwindow so very close to what's really needed....

shut up, impersonator.
YOU ARE THE BULLSHIT ARTIST.

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-xfree-owner at cygwin dot com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner at cygwin dot com]On Behalf Of Harold
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 8:56 PM
To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Subject: Re: REPOST: -multiwindow so very close to what's really
needed....

Early,  BUULSHIT..... I AINT GONNA HELP UNLESS YA PAY ME $$$$$$  HEHEHEHEHE
Early Ehlinger wrote:  Sorry for the repost - It's been a few days and I
haven't seen my original post show up on the newsserver, so....   OK,  Just
installed latest cygwin+Xfree86. With the -multiwindow option in place it's
*extremely* close to what I really want, which is an X server that really
feels like it's a part of Windows. Right now it still betrays the fact that
it sits on top of cygwin, which is a shame, IMHO.   Here are the two things
that I think keep it from being exactly dead-on:  1. Root Window is still
there.  Ideally, when -multiwindow is used, no root window would be visible
at all. No icon in the taskbar, nothing. I suppose a tray icon would be
acceptible, but would certainly not be preferable. My reasoning for this is
that Windows already has a root window (the desktop) and to be fully
integrated, X programs should behave like Windows programs and use it. Or at
least, they should *appear* to use it. Bottom line, get rid of/hide the root
window in -multiwindow mode and you've made a *huge* step forward.
Ideally, you will be spending a few hours looking at hiding the root window.
:) Search the mailing list archives for information on why it is not hidden
yet. Also note that MultiWindow mode is still experimental. That is, it is
not complete.  Another consequence of this issue is that Cygwin/XFree86
shows up in the alt+tab list even though you don't do anything with it
directly.   2. Applications have the wrong icons  Sure, now I've got my apps
all running on the honest-to-goodness Windows desktop, but they all have the
X icon rather than the icons that they would have on an actual X desktop
(e.g., the one in Linux). This is more of a cosmetic issue than a functional
one, so I'd say that it should get less priority than the first issue above.
This wouldn't be too tough to implement, but I haven't got time for it.  If
somebody wants to point me to the general location in XWin's source, I
wouldn't mind taking a crack at implementing a fix for both of these issues.
First, check the Contributor's Guide, which tells you how to get the source,
the architecture of the server (doesn't talk about MultiWindow mode), and
how to build the source:  http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/cg/   Perhaps you
are using Cygwin/XFree86 for commercial purposes... if that is the case then
I know that either myself, Kensuke Matsuzaki (the developer of MultiWindow
mode), or others may be interested in working on these features for a fee.
Let us know if you are interested, otherwise we will assume that you are not
interested.  Harold  Thanks in advance  -- -- Early Ehlinger CEO, ResPower
Inc - Toll-Free : 866-737-7697 -- www.respower.com -- 500+ GHz Supercomputer
Starting At USD$0.50/GHz*Hour

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com