Re: REPOST: -multiwindow so very close to what's really needed... .

"Morrison, John" <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com> wrote:
> distcc (apparently) works OOTB.  It'd be nice to have that as
> a package if you're offering ;)
>
> <http://distcc.samba.org/>
>
>  "distcc is developed on GNU/Linux, but has been reported to work on
>   other systems including FreeBSD, Solaris, and Cygwin."

I wasn't aware of this...

I've considered offering a distributed compilation service on the farm, but
there are a number of problems, like the fact that make is arguably
considerably less than secure, since you could conceivably upload the code
for a malicious program, make it, and then in the same makefile launch it!!

I have some ideas on how to get around this, but I don't think they'll get
any use for a *very long* time, if ever.

--
-- Early Ehlinger CEO, ResPower Inc - Toll-Free : 866-737-7697
-- www.respower.com -- 500+ GHz Supercomputer Starting At USD$0.50/GHz*Hour