Re: PATCH: -multiwindow with root window hidden...

Early,

By the way, I have applied your patch to my local tree (except for hiding the root window). I like it.

I have changed the tooltip message to print the display and screen number (e.g., Cygwin/XFree86 Server - 0:0) to help identify which screen each icon is associated with.

I also added checks to enable the feature only when Rootless or MultiWindow mode is active. Hmm... actually I don't think that is necessary. The icon should be active in all modes. It certainly doesn't hurt to have it there at all times. Thoughts?

I am going to take a peek at adding a menu with an Exit button so that users don't kill their session on accident. If it can be done easily I will go ahead and do it.

I really want to release this soon... this is the first big change we have had in a while. It turned out to be relatively simple, but your time and effort put into actually creating the feature is highly valuable to all of us.

Thanks again,

Harold

Early Ehlinger wrote:
"Early Ehlinger" <early@respower.com> wrote:

Alright!  I'm having good results with my attempt to hide the root window
when running in -multiwindow mode.

Even launched Borland's Kylix Open Edition, redirected to my windows box.
Works like a charm.  Very nice :)

-- -- Early Ehlinger CEO, ResPower Inc - Toll-Free : 866-737-7697 -- www.respower.com -- 500+ GHz Supercomputer Starting At USD$0.50/GHz*Hour