[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 80

Links:

I just posted Test 80 to the server development page:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/

You can install the Test 80 package via setup.exe by selecting the
following version of the XFree86-xserv package:		4.2.0-31

Server Test Series binary and source code releases are now
available via the sources.redhat.com ftp mirror network
(http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html) in the
pub/cygwin/xfree/devel/shadow/ directory.  You may wish to note the
desired filename in the links below, then download from your
closest mirror (http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html).

Server binary, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test80.exe.bz2 (1203 KiB)

Server source, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-20030429-1932.tar.bz2 (110
KiB)

xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin (all files) diff against Test79 source code:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-Test79-to-Test80.diff (19 KiB)

Changes:

1) Add automatic keyboard detection for ``Portuguese (Brazil)'',
``Portuguese (Portugal)'', and ``Italian''.  (Alexander Gottwald)

2) Add taskbar notification area (tray) icon.  Exit on double-click
of icon.  (Early Ehlinger)

3) Add popup menu for right-click on tray icon.  Add menu item for
``Exit''.  (Harold L Hunt II)

4) Add -[no]trayicon command-line parameters.  The default is for the
tray icon to be created for each screen (as if -trayicon were
passed).  You can turn tray icons off by placing -notrayicon at the
beginning of the parameter list to XWin.exe (must be before any
-screen x parameters).  You can then enable the tray icon on a
screen-by-screen basis by placing -trayicon after any -screen x
parameter that you wish to have tray icons enabled for.  For example,
``XWin.exe -notrayicon -screen 0 -screen 1 -screen 2 -trayicon'',
would create three screens, two of which (screens 0 and 1) would not have
tray
icons, while the third (screen 2) would.

5) Hide root window in MultiWindow mode.  (Early Ehlinger)

6) Add some initial support files that might eventually hold code for
the X Video Extension.  These files do not currently affect the
operation of the server and I have stopped working on them for the
time, but I will leave them there as a place holder.  (Harold L Hunt
II)

Enjoy,