being an idiot, transferring files 'tween PC and remote server via cygwin

OK, so I'm an idiot, and I've looked everywhere and tried contacting my IT
guys at school numerous times, but to no avail. Here's the deal: I connect to
the unix server at school using cygwin Xfree86 (the preferred method acc'd to
the IT guys...my other option in Exceed). It works great as far as driging
down to the server I need, getting to my app and files, etc. What I'm having
trouble with, however, is transferring files. Do I need to mount my PC's c:
drive somehow so that the unix server recognizes it? Or mount the school's
server to my PC? I'm sorry to be so stupid, but I am NOT a technoweenie (my
doctoral research is in Dance Writing and AI descriptions of motion). I'm
lost. Please help.I tried ftp, but I'm having connection probs(not your
problem...just letting you know I tried and if this SHOULD work please let me
know and I'll get back on it (using Winftp pro). thanks ever for any advice
(other than telling me I'm stupid which I already know).
SLW

This message was sent using UNIS MailSystem.