Re: "no buffer space available" on Win2K

> All,
> I am running xfree/cygwin on 2 machines:
> a win98 machine which has a corporate vpn client installed and a win2k
> machine without the vpn. I have installed winpoet (pppoe) dsoftware on
> both. the 2k machine is a work machine attached to the local LAN, the 98
> machine is a home machine on which I use xfree to telecommute. I have
> not had any problems using xfree on either of them, although there seems
> to be some kind of memory problem ahich causes XWin to crash a few times
> a day(-multiwindow -clibboard) This crashing seems to be more common
> with the server test 81 version released yesterday, but I have had no
> problems co-existing with the VPN. I might also add that my ISP is fixed
> wireless, so in concert with the VPN I am NOT able to FTP large files
> from home to work, but the xfree installation, other than being a little
> slow (due to the VPN being slow + network traffic) is fine. I also have
> Exceed 6.2 loaded on both machines, so that doesn't seem to have an effect.
> Hope this helps.

This may be of interest to Harold too.

I tested on a different machine (a training machine) and could not
trigger the "no buffer space available" error. I tried with ssh and telnet.
So, it seems it is a problem local to my machine.

Btw (for Harold):
Once OpenSSH is installed, XWin sessions (the way I used them, i.e. remotely)
always start up ssh-agent processes, even if SSH is not used, and never kill them.
I have to go into task manager and kill them manually -  I had about 15 of these
processes when closing the X session after 30 minutes.
This happened on all 3 machines I tested on. Is it wrong to just close
the X session window (Alt-F4)?

Karl