Re: XWin design suggestion

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> So, I am going to have to see a much better reason than avoiding using
> Windows features for using something other than the registry.  Sure, we
> could use an XML config file... but that introduces another dependency
> on XML libraries, which I really don't want to have.

The registry is good for storing such runtime settings. It was build to
reduce the work of parsing and writing .ini files. Why should we build
yet another configfile parser?

XF86Config is good for configuring the overall behaviour. But such runtime
settings as the dialog position is best stored in the registry.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de