Re: XWin design suggestion

ago,

--- Alexander Gottwald <Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> If someone will present code which stores such values in a text file and is
> as save as storing it in the registry, I will not raise my voice against
> this solution. But I can't see the big advantages of the file solution.

Because of the reason I specified earlier, I use Windows API's
GetPrivateProfileInt, GetPrivateProfileString, WritePrivateProfileString in "kernel32.dll"
to store settings and other things in a *.ini format file.
I also store window size, position etc.
It is fast like a registry (as it cached). And never got any problem with that.

for user specific file location u can use environment variable %userprofile%

also you could use following
SHGetFolderPath.
SHGetSpecialFolderPath
SHGetSpecialFolderLocation