Re: XWin design suggestion

Harold,

--- Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:
> Unfortunately, this sort of bloat is what prevents people from ever
> getting started on these tasks.  Such a design is so daunting that no
> one dares start it for fear of getting swallowed alive.
>
> So, the progression will go something like this:
>  1) Use the registry for some initial preference settings.
>  2) When people bitch, tell them to submit a patch :)
>
> I think we have figured out some nice options, but it is time to get
> coding and Alexander is right: the registry is damn simple for such
> trivial stuff.  I am starting there, but I think this will eventually be
> extended to support config files of multiple types.
>
> Harold

Now as I understood ur intention, I can agree with U.

But keep an option for later substituting Registry write/read with
GetPrivateProfileInt, GetPrivateProfileString, WritePrivateProfileString
SHGetFolderPath, SHGetSpecialFolderPath, SHGetSpecialFolderLocation
CSIDL_APPDATA etc.

Links
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/getprivateprofileint.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/writeprivateprofilestring.asp