XFree86 - Windows cut/paste functionallity

The following Xwin is used to start a full session on a remote system.

xwin -kb -query hostname1 -nodecoration -clipboard -fp tcp/hostname2:7100 &

Xfree and Windows aren't seeing each others clipboards.  Running xwinclip in
the background doesn't seem to help.  Xwinclip also has bad side effects on
the xfree highlight (reverse video).

The desktop system is Evo 510 running W2K with SP1.

Cygwin/XFree86.base version is 4.2.0-1.

Should xwinclip be started after "xwin -clipboard"?