Re: REQ: No mouse repositioning @ end of XWin -multiwindow initialization[Alan H, ideas?]

Alan,

Do you know where this code is located? I looked in dix and os but was unable to find anything that looked related. Is it a simple initialization of a default cursor structure that causes all cursors to show up in the center of the screen?

Perhaps it doesn't matter where this happens in X. We could always just grab the current Windows cursor position and move the X absolute cursor position to match before our window is displayed. It would be a little kludgy, but it might work.

Harold

Early Ehlinger wrote:

I've got several buttons on my quick launch toolbar for various X things.
Occasionally I have to terminate XWin and re-launch it.  When I do, I end up
having to re-launch xterm, xbiff, etc - all of these have their respective
buttons right next to the XWin button.

So I launch XWin, and attempt to move the mouse over to xterm, xbiff,
whatever, but before I can actually click on it, XWin decides that the moust
ought to be in the center of the desktop and moves it for me :(

I know I could move these apps into startxwin, but I don't necessarily
want/need all of them every time I launch XWin and so prefer to leave them
out.

Thanks for producing such a wonderful system!

-- -- Early Ehlinger CEO, ResPower Inc - Toll-Free : 866-737-7697 -- www.respower.com -- 500+ GHz Supercomputer Starting At USD$0.50/GHz*Hour