RE: Custom icons per window class/name patch

Howdy Ralf et. al.,

It wasn't too bad starting from Ralf's code to grab the pixmap info from
the WM_HINTS property to getting working X icons. The attached patch is against
the test86 release. It converts icons in the WM_HINTS into dynamic Windows
HICONs with masks and resizing.

I've tested it against a few apps and it seems to work 100% for icon sizes of
32x32 and 48x48, and in 8, 16, and 32 bit displays under Win2K.  24-bit and
non-square icons and icons <32x32 need to be tested, but should work...

At 01:15 PM 5/21/2003 +0200, Ralf wrote:
> Good to hear, but how to compute in detail ? Additional what about the
> performance ?
> Using the xclient means to transfer the image data every time icon
> setting will
> be performed from the server to the client, which is the server, although the
> data is directly asseccable on the server, isn't it ?
> I assume based on the things I have learned from you, that all the image data
> will be in some property on the server, which has only to be retrieved in some
> mysteric way.

I've got a little success.
Now I'm able to retrieve the pixmap pointer from the WM_HINTS structure and the
bitmap data, the CreateIcon returns an icon handle, but unfortunally the icon
isn't displayed.
winCreateWindowsWindow (WindowPtr pWin)
...add the stuff below after the following two lines in winmultiwindowwindow.c:
winCreateWindowsWindow()
hIcon = LoadIcon (g_hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_XWIN));
strcpy(classStr, WINDOW_CLASS_X);
{
xPropWMHints *hints;
GetWMHints(pWin, &hints);